Makes Installation Easy with Full HD Video Hybrid Wireless Distribution System, Standalone Media Player
Orlando, Florida – InfoComm (Booth 5559) – June 12, 2013 – Silex Technology America, Inc., a global leader in wired and wireless networking solutions, today announced the X-5 Digital Signage Multicast Video Distribution with Store-and-Play Media Server at InfoComm 2013.
An ideal solution for digital signage content distribution, the X-5 is a powerful video distribution system that extends and distributes reliable, synchronized HD video and audio from one source to multiple receivers – with wires or without. With the wireless technology available in the X-5, digital signage installers have the flexibility to locate displays anywhere – even in places where displays were once not an option because running cables to the display location would have been too difficult or costly.
The X-5 builds on the Silex Technology tradition of transforming traditional A/V products into stable, reliable wireless equipment that delivers a completely connected, always-on experience. It supports multiple resolutions and the local content storage Media Server provides fallback protection when no content is available, ensuring the displays are always functional. With the Store-and-Play Media Server feature, users can play different content locally on each receiver without needing a transmitter.
“With the X-5, we’re able to make installation and use of digital signage displays in any location almost effortless,” said Keith Sugawara, Vice President of Business Development at Silex America. “We strive to design and build the most flexible and reliable connection solutions for displays, and we are now proud to deliver the ultimate distribution method for Full HD video content.”
- Get Full HD resolution (1920 x 1080): 1080p HD resolution at 30 frames per second powers vivid, full-motion video
- Use 802.11n dual-band/gigabit Ethernet: 802.11n (2.4GHz/5GHz) high-speed wireless LAN/gigabit Ethernet delivers stable, Full HD video
- Play different content on each display with standalone Store-and-Play: Simple content updates via network upload and easy-to-use software offer the ability to change content simultaneously on multiple displays from a single computer
- Maximize compact, lightweight, energy-efficient design: Small, lightweight, space-saving design without fans or moving parts enables versatile installation options with a smaller footprint than typical media players and computers used for digital signage
- Reduce power use: Maximum power consumption of 10W results in an environmentally friendly product
Pricing and Availability
The X-5 is available immediately. Please contact Silex Technology or a Silex Technology Distributor or Reseller for ordering information: http://www.silexamerica.com/where_to_buy.
About Silex Technology America, Inc.
Silex Technology builds on more than 40 years of hardware and software connectivity know-how and IP, custom design development experience, and in-house manufacturing capabilities, bringing value to customers with a foundation of technical expertise. With relentless attention to quality, exclusive access to Qualcomm Atheros expertise, and strategic partnerships with leading semiconductor providers, Silex Technology is the global leader in reliable Wi-Fi connectivity for products ranging from a medical device to a document imaging product to a video or digital display. With Silex Technology, customers get a single vendor that provides hardware and software support from design through manufacturing for successful product after successful product. For more information, please visit www.silexamerica.com.