SANTA ANA, Calif., Aug. 31, 2011 – Silex Technology America Inc., a global leader in wired and wireless networking solutions, today announced the SX-SDPGN System-in-Package (SiP) and the SX-SDMGN wireless radio module.
Silex Technology based the SX-SDPGN on Qualcomm Atheros’ third-generation SDIO WLAN technology, featuring 802.11n for mobile electronic devices. This product is ideal for devices requiring performance enhancements over existing 802.11g radios at comparable price points. With its small footprint — only 8.3 x 9.2 mm — the SX-SDPGN enables design flexibility at the lowest cost.
“Silex Technology America is uniquely qualified to enable device manufacturers to integrate Qualcomm Atheros AR6003 technology into their products,” said Keith Sugawara, vice president, business development, Silex Technology America. “Silex Technology America can help shorten the time to market with our new products and our engineering design services. Plus, as a Qualcomm Atheros Authorized Design Center (ADC), Silex Technology America can provide the driver and security supplicant to provide a one-vendor total solution.”
The SX-SDPGN features:
- Lowest-cost WLAN implementation in the industry
- Single-stream 802.11n for fast downloads, longer range and low power consumption
- Highest level of on-chip integration using CMOS technology
- Patented Qualcomm Atheros Efficient Power Amplifier (EPA™) for high transmitter output power
- Enhanced Wi-Fi/Bluetooth cooperation
The SX-SDMGN wireless radio module integrates the SX-SDPGN SiP to offer the following benefits:
- Highest product quality (design and production validation). Silex Technology significantly reduces RF-related design integration and tests its design to perform to IEEE standards. In addition, Silex Technology tests each module individually to ensure that each of its products will perform to the published specification.
- FCC/Telec Modular certification. Silex Technology eliminates the need for re-testing radio intentional radiation for obtaining regulatory approvals.
- Upgrade path. Silex Technology will be announcing dual-band solutions that are pin-compatible with the SX-SDMGN, providing a seamless upgrade path. In addition, customers also will be able to migrate to next-generation Silex Technology modules that incorporate the next-generation AR6004 dual-band, two- stream 802.11n solution.
The SX-SDPGN and SX-SDMGN samples now are available for evaluation. Silex Technology also provides an evaluation kit (part number SX-6K3-EVK-SB), which includes a sample radio driver and tools to test basic wireless functionality, throughput and RF characteristics.