Wireless drivers supporting Microsoft Windows for the SX-SDMAC and SX-SDPAC dual-band IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WLAN plus Bluetooth “Smart Ready” SDIO modules are now available by Silex. The new drivers add support for Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows 10 IoT Core, Windows Embedded Compact 7 (WEC7), and Windows Embedded Compact 2013 (WEC2013).
The SX-SDMAC module and SX-SDPAC System-in-Package (SiP) were initially released with support for Linux operating system (OS). Now Silex provides complete, production-ready Windows drivers to help customers modernize their Windows-based devices to the latest 802.11ac and Bluetooth 4.1 standards with reduced engineering lead time. Adding compatibility for Windows Embedded and Windows IoT Core allows the SX-SDMAC and SX-SDPAC to easily integrate with networked handheld devices, terminals, industrial computers, and IoT (Internet of Things) smart devices.
- Based on the QCA9377-3 SoC
- 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac Wave 2 MU-MIMO
- SDIO 3.0 WLAN Host Interface
- Bluetooth 4.x BR/EDR/LE “Smart Ready”
- Industrial Temperature (Commercial Temp and Extended Temp options available)
- Enterprise Security
- FCC/IC/CE/MIC Modular Certification
- Seamless Roaming
- CCX Ready
- Link Rate up to 433 Mbps
- Connector Mount and Surface Mount Versions Available
- On Board Antenna Version and SDIO Card Version Available
Windows Driver Features:
- 802.11a/b/g/n/ac station and ad hoc functionality
- Integration with the native SDIO stack
- Integration with Microsoft’s native WPA/WPA2-PSK Supplicants for WEC7 and WEC2013 and Enterprise Supplicant for Windows 8, Windows 10, and Windows 10 IoT Core
- Support for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth co-existence
- Support for Bluetooth HCI driver through UART integrated with the native Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (BT2.1+EDR) stack on WEC7 and WEC2013 OS platforms
- Seamless roaming support
- Tested and validated on x86 and ARM platforms
- Access point mode support
- NDIS 6.x driver support
- Enterprise Security Supplicant provided as a separate software component add-on for WEC7 and WEC2013 OS platforms.
Pricing and Availability
The drivers are available for immediate download for evaluation purposes. Users must complete the evaluation license agreement online. For usage in production, please contact our sales department at email@example.com.
To learn more, visit http://silexamerica.com/campaign/sx-sdmac-evaluation/.